Performing Arts Policies
A Central Piedmont-designated House Technical Director must be on duty at all times Lessee is using said Facility. Additional technicians may be scheduled as needed.
All equipment operated on the grounds of the Academic Performing Arts Center must be approved by the appropriate director. All operators of Central Piedmont equipment and/or use of supplies must be approved by the Halton Theater Technical Director.
All ticket sales or admission charges for events will be handled by the Academic Performing Arts Center Box Office. (Detailed ticket information and handling procedures must be discussed with the Director of Operations at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the sales period.)
The sale of any items or services in the Academic Performing Arts Center must be approved by the Director of Operations in advance of the rental period and may be subject to a 10% commission plus collection of state sales tax by the Academic Performing Arts Center office.
A detailed schedule of actual periods Lessee expects to be in the Facility must be supplied to the Academic Performing Arts Center office at least 5 days in advance.
The use of auxiliary spaces in the Academic Performing Arts Center must be scheduled at least one week in advance with Academic Performing Arts Center office. (e.g. dressing rooms, rehearsal room, etc.)
Complimentary alcoholic beverages may be served by the LESSEE only under the following circumstances and conditions which the LESSEE accepts without exception
- Only the President of Central Piedmont or his/her designee may grant permission to serve alcoholic beverages in facilities owned and operated by Central Piedmont.
- Only an appropriately licensed and insured caterer may serve alcoholic beverages. The caterer will be responsible for limiting alcohol consumption to legally allowable limits.
- The caterer may not provide alcohol on a self-serve basis.
- The caterer will not serve alcohol to any person under 21 years of age and must require proper identification prior to service.
- Cash bars are strictly prohibited.
Rental fee must be paid 15 working days prior to event except when ticket sales are handled by Academic Performing Arts Center Box Office. Payment of the Invoice/Settlement is due 15 working days after the billed date.
Event activity at the Academic Performing Arts Center must end by 11:00 pm. Event staff and performance participants will be given a reasonable period after 11:00 pm to clear the performance area and remove items brought in for the performance. Exceptions to this policy will require approval at the time of application for use of the Facility.